HELP WITH A MOVE IN NYC
Gotham Organizers can help you move with less stress.
An Employee Relocation Council survey found that people rank moving as the third most stressful life event – it doesn’t have to be!
“Thank you for all your help during our move. Every night I would say to my husband, ‘What would we do without Lisa?!’”
– Client, moved from apartment to townhouse
Moving is a large, complex project. Over the past 20 years we’ve helped dozens and dozens of people move and we’ve developed systems to manage the process.
Some of the ways we can help with your move:
• Create a project plan and timeline for the move
• Help de-clutter so you only move what you really need and want and/or to prepare your home for sale
• Work with you to determine placement of furniture and items in your new home
• Strategize ways to optimize storage space in your new place
• Take care of the donation, disposal and sale of excess items
• Recommend movers and obtain estimates
• Arrange for storage during the move, if necessary
• Handle all scheduling for your move
• Coordinate other services – telecommunications set-up; hanging art; specialized movers (art and antiques; wine; piano)
• Supervise and manage the movers while they pack and unload
• Unpack and set up your new home so you are organized right from the start: organize clothes and closets; set up kitchen; organize storage spaces, etc.
• Whatever else you may need
Contact us to discuss how we can help you have a smooth move. Ask for our free moving tips.
Unlike some other New York professional organizing companies, Gotham Organizers founder Lisa Zaslow works personally on every project.
Over the past 20+ years helping people move, we have seen it all:
• Furniture and art that didn’t fit in the elevator or stairs (ask about how we handled that)
• Moving a wine cellar 200 miles in the middle of winter
• One move involving 65 different beds
• Coordinating items moving to 5 different storage locations and 7 different residences
• And more!
We bring all this experience to your move, anticipating potential problems (always check to make sure nothing was left in the dishwasher!) and dealing with the details so you don’t have to.
Don’t let this happen to you!
This client thought they could handle their move on their own:
After a few days of being overwhelmed by this chaos, they decided to contact us to help.