HELP WITH A MOVE IN NYC
Gotham Organizers can help you move with less stress.
An Employee Relocation Council survey found that people rank moving as the third most stressful life event – it doesn’t have to be!
“Thank you for all your help during our move. Every night I would say to my husband, ‘What would we do without Lisa?!’”
– Client, moved from apartment to townhouse
Moving is a large, complex project. Over the past 10+ years we’ve helped many people move and we’ve developed systems to manage the process.
Some of the ways we can help with your move:
- Create a project plan and timeline for the move
- Recommend movers and obtain estimates
- Help de-clutter and organize items before the move to make it easier to move and unpack
- Take care of the sale, donation and disposal of excess items
- Coordinate other services – telecommunications set-up; hanging art; specialized movers (art and antiques; wine; piano)
- Supervise the movers while they pack and unload
- Arrange for storage during the move, if necessary
- Work with you to determine placement of items in your new home
- Supervise and manage the movers on the day of the move
- Unpack and set up your new home so you are organized right from the start: organize clothes and closets; set up kitchen; organize storage spaces, etc.
- Whatever else you may need
Contact us to discuss how we can help you have a smooth move. Ask for our free moving tips.
Unlike some other New York professional organizing companies, Gotham Organizers founder Lisa Zaslow works personally on every project.
Over the past 10+ years helping people move, we have seen it all:
- Furniture and art that didn’t fit in the elevator or stairs (ask about how we handled that)
- Moving a wine cellar 200 miles in the middle of winter
- One move involving 65 different beds
- Coordinating items moving to 5 different storage locations and 7 different residences
- And more!
We bring all this experience to your move, anticipating potential problems (check to make sure nothing was left in the dishwasher!) and dealing with the details so you don’t have to.
Don’t let this happen to you!
This client thought they could handle their move on their own:
After a few days of being overwhelmed by this chaos, they decided to contact us to help.